In the world of firefighting, water tenders are an essential tool. Firefighters must have water on hand to do their job, and a water tender is one of the best ways to deliver that water to the scene.
What Is a Water Tender Truck?
A water tender, also referred to as a water tanker, is a firefighting apparatus that carries water and supplies to other locations. Emergency personnel often use water tenders during firefighting and other emergency operations where large amounts of water need to be distributed over a wide area.
Provide the best protection for your community and crew with a vehicle that can:
- Access water without hydrants: Reduce complications by carrying up to 3,000 gallons of water for access in locations where hydrants are scarce or nonexistent.
- Carry large water quantities quickly: Transport more water at once than if you were using another vehicle or had to refill your reservoir multiple times during an emergency.
- Tend to accidents better: Firefighting water tenders work independently, so they can quickly and effectively respond to an accident or fire when other vehicles cannot assist.
How to Choose Your Tender
A good water tender must provide reliability, efficiency and ease of use. These three questions will help you choose the best firefighting water tender for your needs.
- Do you have the budget for a new or used water tanker? First, decide if a new or used tender is better for your budget. A new water tanker will cost significantly more than an older one, but may offer more advanced features.
- How much water do you want to carry? This consideration will dictate the size and capacity of your vehicle. A larger tank will provide more benefits if fighting remote fires without many water sources nearby. On the other hand, if you often fight fires closer to cities, then carrying less might be more convenient for you. Remember that if your vehicle is too heavy, it may be harder to maneuver in tight spaces or on rough terrain.
- What roads will you take your vehicle on? A smaller-sized tank may provide more straightforward navigation through rough terrain. However, a larger tank might be better for your needs if you plan on driving primarily paved roads and highways.
Find a Water Tender Truck for Your Department Today
Fenton Fire Equipment has the solutions when purchasing a new or used water tender. Our staff will help you find the proper water tender for your needs and budget so you can get back to what matters most — protecting your community. View our water tenders for sale today!