1955 Ford F-600 pumper (U0528)
1955 Ford/Neep Pumper, Fully Equipped, Fully Operational, all original Classic Collector/Parade Rig
This beautiful all-original 1955 Ford F-600 truck was built by Gloyd Hall, founder of Western States Fire Apparatus, and sold by the Neep Equipment Company of Portland to the city of Newberg, Oregon. It served the Newberg FD as a first-out pumper for two decades, then was moved two miles down the road, where it served for another 20 years before being put in reserve.
Based on a 1955 Ford truck chassis, the truck has a 500 gpm Barton-American front-mount PTO pump that was recently tested and produced 660 gpm. It has a sound 500 gallon tank with foam cannister, two booster reels with hose, two 1-1/2" preconnect trays with hose, and a large hose bed with hose. The original tube-type 47MHz radio equipment is still installed, but not functioning. The package includes fire extinguishers, brass goods, working lights and siren, axes, hard suction, wooden ladders, and many other pieces of original equipment. It has been in parade and display service for the past 15 years, including pumping exhibitions. It has original paint, original Ford 258 engine, original two-speed axle, and a built-in pump-heater. It has been housed indoors for 55 years and well maintained by fire department mechanics. It would be hard to find a match for this historic all-original restored to parade condition
9646 original miles, only!