Inventory #: O1142
1992 Amertek CF4000L ARFF 1000/1000 (O1142)
1992 Amertek CF4000L ARFF – Aircraft / Wild Fire / Brush Truck (Former U.S. Navy ARFF truck)
(also Wildfire or Brush Truck)
EXCELLENT RUNNING CONDITION
Approx. 11,000 + miles
All aluminum body, 28’ long, 8.5’ wide. approx. 116” tall
Detroit Diesel – 6V92 Silver – 400 HP / 1,100 ft. lbs. turbocharged
5 Speed Allison HT740 Automatic Transmission
Four-Wheel Drive / 4X4 /
Eaton locker 20/40 ton axles
100 Gallon Diesel Fuel Tank
17.5x25R Bridgestone radials (see note: Michelin XZL Radials on 20” military combat wheels available separately (see below)
All original fire apparatus appears to be working and complete.
Bumper and roof turret were tested and hydraulically operable
1,000 gallons of water capacity
Hale 1,000 gpm hydraulic-PTO pump
500 gpm FeeCon roof turret
250 gpm FeeCon bumper turret
200 (+/-) gallon Halon tank
200 (+/-) gallon Foam tank
Two side-box reels (one is like-new) complete with hoses and nozzles
Includes Webasto (unknown if operable but I bought this truck in Hawaii – I don’t think it ever froze there)
Currently licensed for road use.
Drives very well, straight, smooth and transmission shifts strong
Differential lock and Transfer Case pneumatically operated
NOTE: FRONT FLOOR / SKID PLATE is NOT installed in photos but is included and in excellent condition / no damage
- Has a couple of minor air leaks.
- Cables to the bumper and roof turrets need to be replaced and/or lubricated
- Air horn does not have a working button but the air horn itself does work
- Windows do not roll up or down (was going to convert to electric windows)
- AC and Heater are disconnected (have an Oshkosh Military AC / Heater retrofit kit available as an option)
- Main 1,000 gallon water tank has a leak at the bottom flush valve (leaks 1,000 gallons out over approx. 4 days)
- Two outside SCBA seats (backs only) have been removed but can be included if desired for remounting. Seat bottom / base folds up and is still mounted
- New 170 degree thermostats installed less than 250 miles ago
- Air throttle has been rebuilt with a factory rebuild kit. No leaks.
- Hose to the nitrogen high-pressure tank is broken
- Will need a new lower front axle u-joint (eventually)
- All gauges and lights are currently working
Everything else is in good working condition to my knowledge.
Sold As-Is / Where Is
Fenton Fire Equipment Inc. is not the owner of the aforementioned Vehicle and or equipment. As such we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information provided above. Before purchasing any equipment, it is imperative that you confirm with the vendors that the equipment in question meets your required needs. Fenton Fire Equipment Inc. is not responsible for the condition of any of the vehicles and/or equipment listed on our site. We recommend a third-party inspection of the vehicle and/or equipment be performed prior to purchase.